× Bringing AFSFA members together where we do not currently have chapters.

Remote Units

More
7 years 8 months ago #128 by tcmills54
Remote Units was created by tcmills54
I am like many old AFCops who live in the nowhere of this great nation. I, like others live 2 or more hours away from a chartered AFSFA chapter. Since there are so few Sky Cops in our area is a formal process to establish a SF Flight? Maybe 4-6 Air Force Cops who would be a flight of a larger chartered chapter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #129 by johnprobst
Replied by johnprobst on topic Remote Units
Tom -- we encourage our members living near and far from big cities to find other members always. Sometimes to form a chapter and or to just gather and enjoy reliving times and experiences. Members can locate anyone in our database by using the search functions built into the member directory. You can search by city, state or even zip code to find those in your AOR. As for forming a local smaller group like a "flight", while there is no formal process others are already doing just that. Jim Downey, chapter chairman of the Travis-Bay Area Chapter has been pushing such an effort in CA. I suggest you contact him and have him explain his thoughts. Thanks for your support and life membership and feel free to call or email (my contact info is inside the cover of the SF Magazine) whenever you have a question. Respectfully, John Probst
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by johnprobst.

More
6 years 11 months ago #159 by jamesrussell085
Replied by jamesrussell085 on topic Remote Units
Hello Sir,

I'd like to get in touch with someone in the AFSFA at Luke AB. I live in Prescott, AZ and that's the closest place for me. Public Affairs at Luke gave me a duty phone for a SSgt working in Finance (this was for Air Force Sergeants Association). He wasn't in the office, so I left my contact information for a call back, and never got one. If I didn't have a 200 mile round trip to get to Luke, I would have just gone down there and done everything face-to-face. I would like to be more actively involved in both organizations, the Air Force Security Forces Association, and the Air Force Sergeants Association. Do you have any AFSFA POCs at Luke I can get in touch with?

More
6 years 11 months ago #163 by J2l3
Replied by J2l3 on topic Remote Units
Jeff, shoot me a good email address for you and I will help find a contact for you. John Lynch This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
6 years 11 months ago #164 by johnprobst
Replied by johnprobst on topic Remote Units
James ... there is a chapter reforming at Luke. If you go to the "About Us" at the top of the page, then click on "Chapters" in the menu that drops down you will see the US map and our regions and dots for our chapters. Click on the dot in AZ ... then scroll down till you see the A1C Millard Lehman Chapter (State of Arizona) and their POC is Howard Maubach, 520-248-1709. I am sure he would like to hear from you.
John Probst
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamesrussell085

More
6 years 11 months ago #166 by jamesrussell085
Replied by jamesrussell085 on topic Remote Units
Hi John,

Thanks for the information. I just shot an email to Howard Maubach. I wouldn't be surprised if there are SF folks close by to me here in Prescott. The veteran community here is pretty large. Luke is still roughly a 200 mile round trip for me, but I'd like to get involved. Thanks again!

Jeff

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds