× Welcome to the AFSFA forum!

We welcome all Defenders and hope to see you around a lot! Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a AFSFA member.

AFOSP at Kirtland

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #203 by dmproft
AFOSP at Kirtland was created by dmproft
I'm a retired Security Police Officer, currently working as a contractor supporting AFOSI PJ Det 8 OL-A at Kirtland. I'm doing a classification review of a soon to be published book on Kirtland (part of the " Images of America" series). The book will have a picture of some of the AFOSP staff and the following caption:

The AFOSP headquarters moved to Kirtland in 1978. In 1991, the organization was renamed Air Force Security Police Agency (AFSPA). AFSPA reported directly to the Air Force Chief of Security Police. AFSPA was comprised of four directorates: security; law enforcement and training; resources; and corrections. After the Khobar Towers bombing in 1996, AFSPA moved to Lackland AFB, Texas in November 1997.

Can anyone tell me if the information in the caption is accurate? Keep in mind that this is just a caption of one picture in a larger book about the history of Kirtland. I just want to make sure our brief mention in the book is appropriate. I've completed the classification review and have to turn in the manuscript tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds