× Welcome to the AFSFA forum!

We welcome all Defenders and hope to see you around a lot! Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a AFSFA member.

New to this Forum, not to AFSPA/AFSFA

• SFC.TXSG.ret
  • SFC.TXSG.ret's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #250 by SFC.TXSG.ret
New to this Forum, not to AFSPA/AFSFA was created by SFC.TXSG.ret
I've been a member, on and off, since about the beginning. 12th SPS, Randolph. In my case, it was "Join the Navy and see the world; Join the Air Force and see Bexar County!" Boot camp and tech school- Lackland. Only duty assignment- Randolph. Had one duty day outside of Bexar County- had to babysit a T-38 that made an emergency landing at the Seguin auxiliary field...for one afternoon. Still, we had our fun times! Still keep in touch with Ron Clarke. Had first novel published in 2016- "The Crossbow and the Beret", the first and last chapters of which are set at Randolph and the leading man is a Randolph SP. SSG Balzen's day was definitely not one that was taught at the SP academy! Anyhow, now Life member of AFSFA, hoping to make first convention in September, God and my ranch willing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mitchell1980

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #251 by J2l3
Replied by J2l3 on topic New to this Forum, not to AFSPA/AFSFA
Welcome and we'll see you in September!!

More
4 years 7 months ago #254 by mitchell1980
Replied by mitchell1980 on topic New to this Forum, not to AFSPA/AFSFA
Looking forward to seeing at our San Antonio meeting you in September.

More
4 years 7 months ago #256 by HKR316
Replied by HKR316 on topic New to this Forum, not to AFSPA/AFSFA
Am interested in starting a local chapter in the Charleston WV area and would appreciate input from other Chapters and or members as to the best way to start a local chapter? Ive researched the association website and well as other Chapter websites to see what things they are involved in. Ive spoken to current serving SF members as well as retired members about starting a local chapter and supporting our local WVANG 130TH SFS In Charleston WV. Again thanks in advance!

More
4 years 7 months ago #257 by johnprobst
Replied by johnprobst on topic New to this Forum, not to AFSPA/AFSFA
Robert -- thanks for posting your interest in building a AFSFA Chapter in WV. We are always excited when our members start this effort. I am sure others including our Vice President, Jim Saulnier, and your Regional Director, John Lynch, will also connect with you. They have solid experience in this area and will be a strong resource. The web site has a lot of information as do our other chapter chairmen. I strongly recommend folks who want to start a chapter take a few minutes and read the Chapter Happenings column in our magazine as this column outlines many of the ongoing and new programs chapters around the world are engaging in. I will be calling you so we can talk. Respectfully, John Probst

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds